Monday, April 18, 2011

Marathon Monday

I have 4 months left before my race and I am at a point where I need to be more serious about my commitment to achieving my goal.  I struggle to get in the workouts that I know I should be doing, for example this weekend I ended up doing a bunch of work on the house, but didn’t mentally prepare myself for the fact that I also needed to get in the workouts and I didn’t do my long-swim and long-bike ride.  Preparing for the race is such a long-term goal and now it is getting down to crunch time.  I think it would help to break down the goal to monthly, weekly and daily goals so I don’t push off my long-rides/long-runs.  This weekend I am committing to a 25 mile bike and swim a 1600.

Last weekend I had a good run because I did the Groton Road Race.  I walked/jogged the 5k with my mother-in-law and ran the 10k in 55 minutes. Today is the Boston Marathon so I’m inspired to run 10 miles, 4.5 miles at lunch and 5.5 miles home.

No comments:

Post a Comment