Sunday, November 7, 2010

1.5 weeks down

It has been a little over a week since I signed up for my half ironman and my training is going well.  I ended up taking Friday off because I had a meeting at lunch time and had to miss the lunch time spin class.  Saturday I went for a run with my dog Rudy and today I am going to do a 800 yard swim workout and maybe some weights. 

Swim Workout #1 Week Two  800 Total
  • 200 warm up swim
  • 6x50 (25 kick/25 swim)
    With :30 seconds rest between each 50
  • 8x25 swim
    -With :30 seconds rest between each 25
    -Swim #1 easy, swim #2 a little bit faster, #3 a little faster, #4 faster
    -Start over and repeat for #’s 5-8
  • 100 cool down
This week I found some useful websites.  For interesting triathlete podcasts checkout SimplyStu. I listened to an interview with Linsey Corbin who is a pro triathlete that came in 12th at Kona, but she learned to swim only a few years ago, just like me.  Linsey has her own blog that is cool too, I guess a lot of the professional triathletes have their own blogs, so it will be interesting to check them out and see what it takes to really be at the top of your game.

No comments:

Post a Comment