Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Training plan

As I am starting out on my journey I have found a few websites helpful.  The first is beginner triathlete.  I like the articles, training plans and the forum.  You can do keyword searches on the forum to see all the posts on a given topic.  I’ve already done a search on “Timberman” to see what other people have to say on the race.  The day after my spin class I had a lot of pain in my stomach muscles and I was trying to see what muscles you use during spin class and livestrong.com had the best articles about spinning and the site in general provides good information on exercise, and nutrition.

I swam yesterday and took a kickboxing class today.  My schedule for training is:

Monday- Spin
Tuesday- Swim
Wednesday- Kickboxing
Thursday- Swim
Friday- Spin
Saturday- Swim and lift
Sunday - rest

This is significantly more than I am used to, before I registered for the race I would workout 2-3 times a week.  Actually registering and having a date that I am training for has really motivated me.  I’ve started to research sprint and olympic distance races I can do before the HIM, and I’m even trying to convince my mom and husband to do a Turkey Trot with me.  I haven’t lost any weight (no surprise there it has been like 4 days), but I hope to lose about 20 lbs before the HIM.  I workout at lunch so I have to pack a lunch, I have been taking a can of lentil soup with a piece of bread, and as of now, I like how full it makes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment