Monday, November 1, 2010

Getting started

Saturday I went sailing for the first time.  It was an adventure and caused a mini heart attack because we came within inches of hitting the pylons 2 times as we tried to get out into the harbor.  Thankfully we were rescued. It was very windy (30mph) and cold so I had on my skiing gear.
Me all bundled up.

Husband and the Captain of our boat.
A different view of the city.

Saturday afternoon after sailing I worked up the motivation to go to the gym in Lexington. The gym is huge with great facilities and is more like a spa.  I swam a total of 750 yards. I am only comfortable with swimming about 75 yards continuously, this has me worried because the swim for the race is 2000 yards. I did find a good article online that has a workout plan for a beginner swimmer, it includes 3 workouts for each week and the first month it has you swimming from 600 yard to 900 yards.

Today I did a spin class at the gym across from work, they have a good schedule of lunch classes that I try to take advantage of.  It was a 45 min class and I could definitely tell I was out of shape compared to the other people in the class, but I am an optimist so I'm not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment