Friday, November 12, 2010

Take advantage of sunshine

Today and tomorrow we are suppose to have some nice weather so I rearranged my workout schedule to take advantage of the sunshine and I am going to go on a 5 mile run at lunch and a 7 mile run with the dog tomorrow.  I took a day off from exercise yesterday, and feel really disappointed in myself because I had been planning to swim and then I realized I wasn’t really accounting for any days off so I just skipped my swim workout.  My body does a good job of telling me when I need a day off, but mentally I need to learn to accept that sometimes it is ok to rest.

While listening to a Simply Stu podcast they were talking about measuring power on the bike.  There are all these fancy power meters; they can cost thousands of dollars.  I was thinking it would be nice to at least know how fast I was going and how far I’ve been, and to my delight there are very simple bike computers that you can get for $20. They give you all kinds of data including speed and distance. Here is one that I found, but I didn’t look at any others so I’ll continue on my research and maybe add this to my Christmas wish-list.

No comments:

Post a Comment